It takes a whole lot of hard-working people to run the distribution centers that we all rely on for shipping and fulfillment. Every day, distribution center workers navigate crazy-busy work environments buzzing with other workers, forklifts, conveyor belts and even robots. In an environment like that, it’s incredibly important to wear the right hi vis workwear. Here, we’re going to talk about some critical tips that can help distribution center workers and managers find the right hi vis workwear solutions. Then, we’re going to show off our awesome collection of hi vis gear with our top 10 picks for distribution center and warehouse workers.
Workwear Selection Tips for Distribution Center Workers
- Know if your work environment requires ANSI 107 rated high visibility clothing and what ANSI 107 rating you need if so. Workers in many distribution centers wear non-ANSI enhanced visibility clothing that provides extra visibility at a lower price point than most ANSI-rated gear.
- Managers can make it easier to identify employees by using color-coded safety vests. These non-ANSI enhanced visibility vests are available in a rainbow of colors that make it easy to tell employees apart by their job duties.
- Many distribution center jobs involve lots of bending, stretching and other body motions that require flexibility. Warehouse workers should be wearing gear that allows a full range of body movements.
- For workers who work close to machinery like forklifts or conveyor belts, consider breakaway safety vests. The safety system on these vests helps prevent injury if the vest gets caught in moving parts.
- Workers who need to carry around tools like a hand scanner, box cutter or tablet will appreciate the extra pockets on surveyor safety vests. These vests are great for saving time because they help workers make fewer trips back to their stations for tools.
- Don’t underestimate the value of a little insulation for working in a distribution center. If your warehouse is kept cold, a light hi vis jacket can make long shifts much more bearable.
- Remember that comfort and breathability are fundamental. An uncomfortable garment or one that doesn’t breathe can be a major distraction during a long warehouse shift. Consider a moisture-wicking under layer to help control sweat.
- Every worker should be sporting a good pair of work gloves with plenty of grip. They’ll help protect hands from the cuts and scrapes that can easily happen in a warehouse.
At HiVis Supply, we’ve put together a selection of hi vis workwear that’s perfect for distribution center workers. Next, we’re going to look at some of the best options we offer.
Hi Vis Workwear for Distribution Centers: Our Top 10 Picks
What workwear choices does HiVis Supply recommend for people who work in distribution centers? Check out our top 10 favorites:
- Kishigo B120 Series Economy Enhanced Visibility Mesh Identification Vest: An economical mesh safety vest that’s perfect for color-coded worker safety plans.
- Kishigo B100 Safety Vest: This versatile vest also comes in numerous colors but adds tons of pockets for efficient performance on the job.
- Kishigo S5042/S5046 Class 2 HiVis High Performance Zippered Surveyors Safety Vest: A rugged surveyor’s vest designed to be comfortable in hot conditions.
- GSS Safety 3100 Series Enhanced Visibility Identification Safety Vest: An ID pocket and an economical price point make this safety vest a winner for all kinds of applications.
- GSS Safety 7013/7014 Enhanced Visibility Black Bottom Pullover Sweatshirt: This workhorse sweatshirt is made for performance, and its sharp black trim helps hide dirt and stains.
- GSS Safety Enhanced Visibility Thermal Bomber Jacket: You’ll love this affordable bomber jacket with tons of comfort features like a quilted polyester lining.
- GSS Safety 7515 Class 3 Hi Vis Hooded Black Bottom Softshell Jacket: A comfy softshell jacket that provides maximum visibility for busy warehouses.
- Radians ST11-N Max-Dri Short Sleeve Non-ANSI Pocket T-Shirt: The moisture-wicking properties of this enhanced visibility t-shirt will help keep distribution center workers dry all day long.
- Radians SVE1 Class 2 Hi Vis Economy Mesh Safety Vest: One of our most economically priced vests, with a light and breathable mesh and ANSI Class 2 protection.
- Radians SJ01B Class 3 Black Bottom High Visibility Zippered Sweatshirt: This classic sweatshirt is built for extreme visibility and all-day comfort.
Source: BigPixel Photo/Shutterstock
HiVis Supply proudly provides hi vis workwear to the distribution centers that make the world’s supply chains run. Interested in a custom order for your distribution center? It’s easy to get started with a quote. Or browse our full range of safety vests to see more of what we have to offer.